Fantasy on "Porgy & Bess". With Barber, Crumbn Corigliano, Rogers, etc.
The American Pianists Association was founded in New York City in 1979 by Tony Habig and Victor Borge. Its mission is to discover and support young world-class pianists through competitions, performance tours and educational programs.
Michael Sheppard became Christel DeHaan Classical Fellow in 2003.
- Michael SheppardPiano
- Earl Wild
- Richard Rodgers
- William Bolcom
- George Crumb
- John Corigliano
EARL WILD [1915-2010]
· Fantasy on Gershwin's Porgy & Bess (27'58)
SAMUEL BARBER [1910-1981]
· The Daisies (1'04)
· St. Ita's Vision (3'37)
· Nocturne (3'35)
· The Carousel Waltz (from Carousel) (5'40)
· My Favorite Things (from The Sound of Music) (2'40)
WILLIAM BOLCOM [1938-]
· Graceful Ghost, rag (1970, from Ghost Rags for Piano) (4'18)
GEORGE CRUMB [1929-]
· Dream Images (from Makrokosmos, Book I, 1972) (5'04)
JOHN CORIGLIANO [1938-]
· Etude Fantasy (1976) (17'40)