Symphonies Nos.38 'Prague' & No.41 'Jupiter'
- Apple Music
Conducting the musicians of the Freiburger Barockorchester, René Jacobs offers us a chance to rediscover two symphonies whose ‘classic’ status is such that we thought we knew everything there was to know about them! The guiding principle of this interpretation is clarity of texture, with the aim of bringing out the most powerful element in this music: its sense of drama. It forsakes the 19th-century symphonic tradition for a quite different style of rhetoric.
WOLFGANG AMADEUS MOZART [1756-1791]
Symphonie n°38 "Prague"
en Ré majeur / D major / D-dur K.504
· I. Adagio - Allegro (15'59)
· II. Andante (9'53)
· III. Finale. Presto (6'42)
Symphonie n°41 "Jupiter"
en Ut majeur / C major /C-dur
· I. Allegro vivace (10'38)
· II. Andante cantabile (9'52)
· III. Menuetto. Allegretto - Trio (3'23)
· IV. Molto allegro (12'01)